Recently I’ve started dabbling in the fine art of console modification, and I saw this post – it inspired me to create my own copy of Pokemon Yellow in SNES format! I had a really grubby Super Gameboy cartridge lying around that wasn’t being used, so quickly ordered a copy of Pokemon Yellow from eBay and got to work. I followed the instructions from the Imgur album here.
You’ll need the following:
- Gamebit screwdriver
- Electrical tape
- Small pliers
- Solder Sucker or Desoldering Pump (preferably a heated one like this)
- Super Gameboy cartridge
- Gameboy cartridge you want to convert
- Donor SNES cart shell to fit the completed bits into – PAL or NTSC should both work fine
- Stanley Knife/Box Cutter/Scalpel (anything sharp to cut away excess plastic shell in the donor cart)
- Any old wire to solder the two PCBs together – I used 10 strand/0.1mm copper equipment wire from Maplins.